New Student Registration
Online Student Registration - New Program Available at This School
Para ver esta página en español, haga clic en el botón azul español en español que se encuentra arriba.
Welcome to Mount Vernon High School!
We're excited to welcome our newest Majors!
We are a school in Fairfax County, Virginia.
New students fall into one of two registration categories:
- Students who are new to Mount Vernon High School and are not currently enrolled in another school in FCPS.
- Students who are new to Mount Vernon High School and who are currently enrolled in FCPS, but not a rising 9th-grade student who previously attended Carl Sandburg Middle School or Walt Whitman Middle School.
- Rising 9th-grade students who attended either of these schools do not need to enroll. The student records are automatically transferred to Mount Vernon High School.
To join Mount Vernon High School, determine if your student lives in our boundary by viewing the FCPS boundary locator.
Enrolling parent, if your student does live in the Mount Vernon HS boundary and does meet one of the two categories above, please fill out the new student registration intake form below. This form will be submitted to Lorraine Fetterolf, our school registrar, who will be able to assist you with the new student registration process.
New Student Registration Forms
- View and complete the forms enrollment bundle.
- This form bundle allows you to enter data once and to have it appear in multiple locations.
- View and complete the FCPS minimum immunization requirements.
Visit the FCPS registration page to learn more.
Registering a Student Whose Home Language Is Other Than or In Addition to English
Student families wishing to register a student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Special Registration Situations
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.
Military Family Registration
FCPS welcomes responsive and collaborative communication and partnerships with the parents and families of our students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Military Registration webpage.