Procedures and policies regarding student attendance for MVHS.
Need more information?
ATTENDANCE POLICY FOR PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
Attendance Line: 703-619-3131 (English & Spanish)
Absences: If your student is absent, please call the attendance line or write a note and return to the appropriate sub-school within 3 days.
- Information to include in note/call
- Student Name
- Student ID Number
- Date(s) of Absence
- Reason for Absence
- Parent/Caller name
- Contact Number for questions
- Pre-arranged Absence
- Students and Parents are to complete and return the Pre-Arranged Absence form to the appropriate sub-school.
- Students MUST obtain a check-out pass from their sub-school before leaving campus.
- Must be obtained prior to departure
- Should be showed to teacher in period of departure
- Student Does Not need check out in their sub-school, if they have a pass
- Students who leave campus without following procedure will be considered unexcused and will not be excused after the fact.
- Parent Check-out (During School-Day)
- Parent/guardian must come into the Main Office to check-out a student
- Only those on Emergency Contact form may check out a student
- All parent/guardians MUST show photo ID
- Please allow 15 minutes for check-out
- No check-outs after 2:30 p.m.
- Sick Student Early Check-Out:
- All procedures listed above apply
- Student MUST go to clinic to check-out sick
- Check-out for illnesses that do not go through the clinic will be unexcused.
- Unexcused/ Excused
- Students must report to their sub-school to check in after 8:10 a.m.