Student Wellness Resources
If you are in crisis, text NEEDHELP to 85511, call 1-800-273-TALK or dial 911.
Mental Health & Resiliency
- Discover the foundation for building solid mental health and resiliency.
- View mental health resources and emergency services information
- View FCPS' Healthy Minds features
- View tips on building resiliency
Student Wellness Tips and Strategies
Feeling super stressed? Worried about a friend's mental health—or your own? Get tips to help manage your emotions and see what to do if you are in crisis.
Title IX Information
Title IX is a federal civil rights law that prohibits sex discrimination in educational institutions that receive federal dollars.
The FCPS School Board is committed to maintaining a working environment free from all forms of sex discrimination including sexual harassment.
Click here to submit a Claim of Sexual Harassment using the online complaint form
Click here to access the Title IX page from the FCPS Main website.
Dealing with Social Media
When using social media to interact with peers, teachers and community members, keep the following details in mind:
- Be yourself! Don't misrepresent yourself with your communications on any platform.
- Treat people the way you want to be treated. Be polite!
- Profanity, vulgar messages and media (pictures, video, GIFs, etc.) and racial or ethnic slurs are never acceptable.
- We can hear you, there is no need to shout! Avoid using capital letters and extra exclamation points in your messages.
- If you are embarrassed or feel uncomfortable sharing a message, think twice and don't share it. Once the message is online, you can't take it back.
- The FCPS Twitter, Facebook and Instagram feeds/timelines are NOT consistently monitored 24/7/365. If you or someone you know is in crisis, text NEEDHELP to 85511, call 1-800-273-TALK or dial 911. If you witness something inappropriate on- or offline, tell your teacher, principal, parent or another trusted adult immediately.
MVHS Support Staff
MVHS & CSS Clinicians
|Name||Role||Location||Phone Number||Days at MVHS|
|Dana Aboul Hosn||Contact||School Social Worker||Subschool 2022||703-619-3208||Mon - Fri|
|Danielle Magagnoli||Contact||School Psychologist||Subschool 2024||703-619-3258||Mon - Fri|
|Crystal Davis||Contact||School Social Worker||Subschool 2023||703-619-3828||Mon, Tues|
|Amela Ahmetovic||Contact||School Psychologist||Subschool 2023||703-619-3828||Wed, Thurs|
|Leigh Simpson||Contact||School Social Worker||CSS Office||703-619-3304||Mon - Fri|
|Pam Rein||Contact||School Psychologist||CSS Office||703-619-3305||Mon - Fri|
MVHS School Counselors
|Patrick Tubbins (A - Chi)||Contact||Subschool 2023||703-619-3254|
|Niasharee Frater (Cho - Gom)||Contact||Subschool 2023||703-619-3279|
|Mary McAlevy (Gon - Lea)||Contact||Subschool 2022||703-619-3255|
|Camille Moore (Leb - Olo)||Contact||Subschool 2022||703-619-3233|
|Melissa Mentzel (Olp - Ser)||Contact||Subschool 2024||703-619-3136|
|Paul Guillion (Ses - Z)||Contact||Subschool 2024||703-619-3253|
|Cathy Samper (ELP 1 - 3 A-B)||Contact||Subschool 2025||703-619-3280|
|Maisa Jones (ELP 3 C-Z & ELP 4)||Contact||Subschool 2024||703-619-3289|
|Karen Mazzoccoli (CSS & STEP)||Contact||CSS Subschool||703-619-3308|
|Bryce Green (On Time Graduation)||Contact||Subschool 2023||703-619-3228|
|Stacia Buckner (Military Support)||Contact||Subschool 2025||703-619-3270|