School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Mount Vernon High School (MVHS)
Dr. Anthony Terrell, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome 1
- Teachers will continue to build a culture of literacy by engaging in professional learning on content area reading, writing, critical thinking, academic conversations, and digital literacy.
- Teachers will develop a shared understanding of IB philosophy and practices.
- Teachers will apply diverse instructional practices to promote student engagement and active learning.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome 2
- Teach and reinforce behavior expectations based on Major PRIDE (Preparation, Respect, Integrity, Dedication, Excellence).
- Identify select students for Mentorship Program.
- Leverage MTSS protocols to increase teacher capacity to avoid and de-escalate contentious interactions with students.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome 3
- Partner with the Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) to provide information to new families about opportunities to connect within school community.
- Provide a variety of opportunities and formats for families to respond to the Family Engagement Survey.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome 4
- Increase the collective efficacy of the Attendance Committee.
- Partner with the PTSA to institute a rewards/incentive program to promote good student attendance.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome 5
- Mount Vernon High School (MVHS) will ensure the knowledge and skills necessary for the college and/or career success by reconnecting dropout students and parents to in-school supports through transition plans from Return to Learn meetings.
- MVHS will ensure the knowledge and skills necessary for collect and/or career success by reconnecting dropout students with an appropriate education program and options that will lead to on-time graduation.