Welcome to CSS at MVHS
Our Comprehensive Services Site
Mount Vernon High School Comprehensive Services Site
Mount Vernon High School’s Comprehensive Services Site (CSS) is a special education program within Mount Vernon High School. The CSS program provides clinical support, based on the students’ needs and our program offers small self-contained classes.
Students enrolled in the CSS Program:
- Receive instruction from Special Education teachers in classes with an average of 10 students.
- Receive the opportunity to complete course work within the CSS Program, a team-taught setting or based on their IEP, with general or honors students in traditional courses at Mount Vernon High School
- Receive the opportunity to complete elective classes within the program. Several examples for class offerings include:
- Music Sampler (taught by a music therapist)
- Studio Art and Design (taught by an art therapist)
- Personal Development
- Education Employment
- Work Awareness and Transition
View a message from the MVHS Principal, JoVon Rogers. Click here to view her message.
View a message from the CSS Administrator, Julie Kubiak. Click here to view her message.
View a message from our Department Chair, Elizabeth Bakken. Click here to view her message.
View a message from our School Counselor, Karen Mazzoccoli. Click here to view her message.