About MVHS Attendance
Additional support information regarding the MVHS Attendance Policy.
- Attendance is reviewed daily during each period and for full-day absences.
- A parent/guardian must provide a written note, email or call for any excused absence during Distance Learning as well as when students return to the building. This notification must be completed within 48 hours after the absence in order for it to be approved.
- Calls and emails are sent by FCPS to parents at 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m. via an automated attendance system. If you have sent an email or left a message regarding an absence but still receive an automated call, please check your SIS Parent account to see if the attendance is accurate before contacting your grade level attendance contact number.
- If you receive a call indicating an individual class absence, please verify the information with your student's teacher before calling the grade level attendance number.
- Students scheduled for early check-out must bring a written note to their grade level subschool by 9:45 a.m. Students will receive a pass stating the time the individual will be released from class. If the student is scheduled to return to the school on the same day, they must return to their grade level subschool to check-in upon returning to the building. Students who fail to obtain a checkout pass will not have their absence excused.
- Parents and/or guardians who physically check their student out through the main office must provide photo I.D. The process for early checkout must be completed before 2:30 p.m.
- If parents have called the grade level attendance contact number, sent an email regarding an excused tardy or have a written note, students must check in with their grade level subschool upon return to the building.
Examples of Excused Absences include:
- Doctor & Dentist Appointments
- Religious Holiday(s)
- Death in the Family
- Network Connectivity access (Distance Learning)
Examples of Prearranged Absences can include the following. Prearranged absence forms are available in all grade level subschools.
- Religious Holidays
- College Visits (with proof of visit)
- Medical Procedures
- Death in the Family
Examples of Unexcused Absences include:
- Childcare situations
- Car Trouble
- Power Outage
- Someone parked in your parking space
- Vacation or travel
- Sibling or Parent(s) running late
- Missing the bus